Resorts World suspect had gunshot wound to the head

Home / News / Resorts World suspect had gunshot wound to the head

The unidentified gunman responsible for the attack in Resorts World Manila on June 2, 2017 (Friday) was discovered to have a gunshot wound to his head after operatives exhumed his charred remains.

"It entered the chin and exited sa bunbunan, sa head. Most probably, ang nangyari sinindihan niya yung kuwarto, humiga siya and then nag-commit siya ng suicide," Southern Police District Director and Chief Superintendent Tomas Apolinario Jr. reported.

He further divulged that none of the injured survivors had gunshot wounds despite the gunman having barged into the casino and set off a barrage of gunshots.

"Sa mga wounded, wala tayong gunshot wounds na na-report. Puro mga bruises, pilay. In case may namatay, sila naman ay na-suffocate sa fumes," Apolinario said.

The nature of his forced entry into the casino was telling that the attack was not terrorist-related by nature of his gunshots directed upwards and not at people.

Police have surmised that it was an attempted casino robbery.


So far, 34 bodies are recovered but police has yet to confirm if they are all dead as the hospital that received them has yet to issue their report.

The only gunshot wound reported was that of a security guard, but was admittedly self-inflicted due to panic.

"Inamin naman niyang self-inflicted. Siguro ninerbiyos, naputok niya yung kanyang baril, tinamaan yung paa niya, slight wound lang naman," Apolinario said of the security guard.

Police managed to recover stolen chips amounting to Php 113 million and two firearms from the gunman.


Source: ABS-CBN News



Comment your thoughts, hit Like and Share the article. Thank you!
Resorts World suspect had gunshot wound to the head Resorts World suspect had gunshot wound to the head Reviewed by Newsinfo Learn on June 02, 2017 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.