Complete list of DAP beneficiaries shows many are Aquino LP members
Records from the Department of Budget and Management (DBM) spanning from 2011 to 2013 revealed that the top beneficiaries of the Disbursement Acceleration Program (DAP) belonged to the Liberal Party (LP) and cohorts of former President Benigno Aquino III.
Photo credits: Pinoy Trending News
DAP was declared unconstitutional by the Supreme Court during its controversial peak in the Aquino administration when it was allegedly used by lawmakers to fund the impeachment of former Chief Justice Renato Corona in 2012.
The DBM data of the complete list of beneficiaries was released by former United Nationalist Alliance Secretary-General and Navotas Rep. Toby Tiangco where he commented that there is still an unaccounted Php 2.1 billion in the Php 10 billion DAP released during that time.
“[Budget] Secretary [Florencio] Abad is obviously hiding something. Of the Php 10 billion DAP released to congressmen and senators, he only accounted [for] some Php 8.9 billion, so where’s the Php 2.1 billion?” Tiangco said.
Tiangco alleged that Abad only submitted a “sanitized” list of DAP beneficiaries which excluded members of the LP.
“For the sake of transparency, legislators have all the right to know how and where their DAP [fund] was used,” Tiangco said.
“Abad’s excuses, silence and secretiveness beg the question of what happened to the Aquino administration’s promise of tuwid na daan?” he added.
Aquino also faced charges for misuse of the DAP when his immunity expired after the start of the Duterte administration.
Senator Antonio Trillanes IV, a staunch critic of the Duterte administration, was also revealed by Senator Nancy Binay to have received Php 245 million DAP back in 2011.
The complete list of beneficiaries based on the DBM records are as follows:
Lower House (Congress)
1. Former Cavite representative and Transportation secretary Joseph A. Abaya – P408 million
2. Former house speaker Feliciano Belmonte Jr. – P297.5 million
3. former house majority leader and Mandaluyong Rep. Neptali Gonzales II – P263 million
4. former Cavite Rep. Ayong Maliksi – P217.8 million
5. Florencio “Bem” Noel of An-Waray – P179.5 million
6. Rep. Henedina Abad of Batanes – P176.6 million
7. former Rep. Edgar San Luis of Laguna – P160.2 million
8. former Rep. Tomas Osmeña of Cebu – P124.1 million
9. former Rep. Lorenzo Tañada III of Quezon – P120 million
10. Rep. Nelson Collantes of Batangas – P110 million
Upper House (Senate)
1. Teofisto Guingona III – LP, P360 million
2. Senator Francis Pangilinan LP, P310 million
3. Senate President Aquilino Pimentel III Laban, P258 million
4. Sen. Loren Legarda Nationalist People’s Coalition, P250 million
5. former Sen. Juan Ponce Enrile Pwersa ng Masang Pilipino, P249 million
6. Sen. Gregorio “Gringo” Honasan United Nationalist Alliance, P238 million
7. Sen. Francis Escudero Independent, P235.5 million
8. Sen. Ralph Recto LP – P233.1 million
9. Sen. Vicente Sotto III – Nationalist People’s Coalition, P214 million
10. Senate President Franklin Drilon -LP P197 million
Source: PTN, Businessmirror
Complete list of DAP beneficiaries shows many are Aquino LP members Reviewed by Newsinfo Learn on May 15, 2017 Rating: