Initial list of LP members connected with Napoles released
Upon Janet Lim-Napoles’ acquittal, controversies and concerns surfaced regarding the resolve on the priority development assistance funds (PDAF) cases, however, a netizen brought up a a refresher on the Liberal Party (LP) members that are linked with Napoles.
Photo credits: Philippine Star
Jojo Robles enumerated the LP “enablers and protectors” of Napoles that allowed for the pork barrel scam to fester.
First on Robles’ list was former President Benigno Aquino III who “fetched and brought [Napoles] to Malacanang for a late-night debriefing session after she agreed to surrender.”
It was also alleged that Aquino intentionally delayed the publication of the pork barrel scam story until after May 2013 midterm polls in order to protect his candidates.
Another figure listed was Butch Abad, former Department of Budget and Managment Secretary, who was said to have taught Napoles how to conceptualize and implement the pork barrel scam “on a massive, nationwide scale”.
Former Department of Interior and Local Government Secretary Mar Roxas and former Presidential Spokesperson Edwin Lacierda acted as Napoles’ driver and chauffeur, respectively, while Senator Leila de Lima and Ombudsman Conchita Morales worked their way around Napoles’ case to ensure that she would only be “charged and tried” for serious illegal detention.
Lastly, Sen. Frank Drilon and his wife were said to be good friends with Napoles, although it did not stop the couple from denying their connection to her after the story broke out.
In his full post on Facebook, Robles said,
"Just to refresh your memory. Please note that this is only a partial list of the enablers and protectors of Janet Lim Napoles. It does not include the lawmakers who feasted on their own pork using Napoles' NGOs.
1. Noynoy Aquino had Napoles fetched and brought to Malacanang for a late-night debriefing session after she agreed to surrender. He later had her taken to Crame. He was also believed to have worked to delay the scam story's publication until after the May 2013 midterm polls, so as not to hurt the chances of his candidates.
2. Butch Abad is the acknowledged mentor of Napoles, reportedly teaching her the basics of the scam and later helping her implement it on a massive, nationwide scale as DBM secretary.
3. Mar Roxas was Napoles' driver, his familiar role for Noynoy, to Crame. Credited with respectfully calling her "Maam Janet," even if he is known to everyone as a spoiled rich kid who never treated anyone he considers his inferior with respect.
4. Leila de Lima and Conchita Morales "dribbled" Napoles' cases and made sure she was charged and tried only for serious illegal detention. Ensured that only non-LP lawmakers were charged for involvement in the scam.
5. Edwin Lacierda also acted as chauffeur, fetching Napoles from her mother's mausoleum and bringing her to Noynoy.
6. Frank Drilon and his wife were best buds of Napoles, travelling with her often. Best known for receiving a pricey Mont Blanc pen from Napoles and then, like Peter, denying her multiple times."
Initial list of LP members connected with Napoles released Reviewed by Newsinfo Learn on May 09, 2017 Rating: