EO on nationwide smoking ban to be signed by Duterte
President Rodrigo Duterte is will put into effect a new Executive Order (EO) on March 7, 2017 (Tuesday) to keep public places free from nicotine smoke.
Photo from Rappler
Agriculture Secretary Manny Piñol said that the President will be signing an EO that will ban smoking in all public places nationwide.
As far back as January 2017, the President had already ordered Health Secretary Paulyn Ubial to draft the EO on the smoking ban.
The EO will cover all public places, whether indoor or outdoor. This includes, but is not limited to parks, bus stations, and public vehicles.
"The executive order will actually mandate all the agencies of government, including the local government to implement this 100% smoking ban in all public places. It's not just Metro Manila," Ubial said.
Ubial clarifies that it is not a law, thus, it is up to local government units to draft their ordinances to implement the President’s EO.
EO on nationwide smoking ban to be signed by Duterte Reviewed by Newsinfo Learn on March 07, 2017 Rating: