“Lascañas has discredited himself. You know, he has perjured himself,” Presidential spokesperson Ernesto Abella said as Malacañang shows a brazen front to the reopening of the Senate investigation into the existence of the Davao Death Squad (DDS).
Photo credits: Inquirer News
Just last year, Retired SPO3 Arturo Lascañas claimed that the DDS does not exist and has denied all testimonies to his involvement.
However, just on February 20, 2017 (Monday), he recanted his statements on DDS and even said that then Davao City Mayor and now President Rodrigo Duterte paid them to kill criminals.
Abella dismissed the claims of Lascañas as “rehashed,” and even commented that Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV statements on the issue were nothing more than Trillanes, “being vocal for the sake of being vocal.”
Furthermore, Malacañang said that these new allegations of Lascañas against President Duterte are just part of a plan to remove Duterte from his presidency.
Malacañang unafraid of Lascañas claims Reviewed by Newsinfo Learn on February 26, 2017 Rating: