European Event Organizer wrote to Aquino over his concern on "Pagpag" but was totally ignored

Home / Viral / European Event Organizer wrote to Aquino over his concern on "Pagpag" but was totally ignored

Founder of Filipino Events , Malcolm Conlan, shared on Facebook a short documentary on Pagpag, which is the practice of recycling leftovers mostly from fastfood restaurants. This problematic practice is usually done by people living in poverty, as an attempt to appease their hunger. 
Photo credits to the owner

Conlan shared his  attempt to seek help from then president Aquino but he claimed to have been ignored. He is concerned about how these people eat “food” that has already been literally thrown in the bin.

According to Conlan, he finds it tragic that even now in the 21st century, there are still people who are left with no choice but to feed on garbage because they couldn’t afford a decent meal. He called on to the major fastfood chains in the country, such as Jollibee, KFC, and ChowKing to properly dispose their garbage so that this practice would be eliminated. He suggested incarcerating their waste.

He also noted the criticisms President Duterte has been receiving from the international community. 

While the international community is busy criticising President Duterte on his War on Drugs, maybe they should recognise the efforts he is going to stamp out corruption and actually make life much better for the poor.”

Duterte has said said that he is pro-poor but it is constantly refuted by people who argue that his actions are actually in contrary to what he usually claims.

Conlan also talked about Duterte’s Kitchen, which he called a “fantastic inititative” set up in Davao and that aims to help feed the homeless. 

Instead of being critical of the Philippines, maybe the international community could start contributing to Duterte’s Kitchen and actually support the President in his many initiatives to help the poor,” Conlan concluded.

Read his full post below:

"I wrote to President Aquino a few years back over my concern about the practice of preparing and trading in Pagpag (recycled foods). Sadly I was totally ignored.

"I believe that nobody should be forced to be eating food which has been thrown in the bin!!!


"I know that many families survive by eating Pagpag, however I found it tragic that in the 21st Century, there are still so many people in the Philippines who can barely afford to eat proper meals and forced to rely on this horrible practice of scavenging for food which had been dumped by others, it's washed, cooked and resold.


"I am calling on the major fast food chains like Jollibee, KFC and Chow King in the Philippines to dispose of their rubbish properly, maybe even ensuring that all their waste in put into locked containers and then incinerated???


"Just a thought anyway. While the international community is busy criticising President Duterte on his War on Drugs, maybe they should recognise the efforts he is going to stamp out corruption and actually make life much better for the poor.


"I am inspired to see a fantastic initiative which had been set up back home called Duterte's Kitchen' which is feeding the homeless in the hope that they would no longer have to survive without even eating proper meals. This has been set up by concerned citizens back home in the name of their much loved President.


"Instead of being critical of the Philippines, maybe the international community could start contributing to Duterte's kitchen and actually support the President in his many initiatives to help the poor.


"Thank you. (I shared this video in the hope that this dangerous practice of reselling of second hand foods would cease)"


Source: Mal Conlan

European Event Organizer wrote to Aquino over his concern on "Pagpag" but was totally ignored European Event Organizer wrote to Aquino over his concern on "Pagpag" but was totally ignored Reviewed by Newsinfo Learn on January 18, 2017 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.