Top 10 things to feel good about Duterte`s effect on PH economy in 2016
Here are 10 things to feel good about the economy under Duterte:
Created photo of Newsinfolearn from Rappler and Politiko
1. Transition in Power - a peaceful orderly democratic transition in power because investors just hate uncertainty.
2. Solutions-driven practitioners and economic managers - An epowered Cabinet of solutions-driven practitioners and economic managers - Budget Secretary Bejamin Diokno, Finance Secretary Sonny Dominguez, Trade and industry Secretary Ramon Lopez and Socioeconomic Planning Secretary Ernesto Pernia.
3. Supermajorities - Formation of supermajorities in House and Senate which is the closest to a government of national unity.
4. Hitting the ground running - with 10 full Cabinet meetings and two Legislative-Executive Development Advisory Council in the first five months.
5. Peace talks and indefinite ceasefire - with the Communist Party of the Philippines-New Peoples Army as well as with Moro Islamic Liberation Front.
6. China - Huge business potential from China pivot and forging an independent foreign policy.
7. Fast economic growth - in Asia and manufacturing resurgence
8. Roll-out - of Ambisyon 2040, a 10 point economic agenda and preparation of 2017-2022 development plan.
9. Peace and order - Substantial improvement in peace and order with 80 percent reduction in drug volum and 39 percent drop in crime.
10. Commitment to deploy funds - with 83 percent increase in infrastructure spending and improved absorptive capacity.
Top 10 things to feel good about Duterte`s effect on PH economy in 2016 Reviewed by Newsinfo Learn on December 14, 2016 Rating: