Bayan slams Duterte: He is aiding in the rehabilitation of the Marcoses
President Rodrigo Duterte would "reap the whirlwind" if he allows burial of the late President Ferdinand Marcos to take place in Libingan ng mga Bayani, says The Bagong Alyansang Makabayan (Bayan) Secretary General Renato Reyes Jr.
Photo credits: Inquirer
“Duterte risks being at the receiving end of growing mass protests over the Marcos burial and his alliance with the Marcos family. Through his words and deeds, he is aiding in the rehabilitation of the Marcoses. He is allowing himself to be an instrument of the revision of history and the return of the dictator’s heirs to the highest seat of power. We cannot and will not allow this,” said Reyes in a statement.
BAYAN is also outraged by Duterte's claim that no court has judged and no trials were heard against the late President Marcos of plunder and human rights abuses in his 21 years of dictatorship.
“We take strong exception to Duterte’s claims that Marcos’ crimes have not been proven in court. There are already outstanding court decisions here and abroad recognizing the plunder and human rights violations committed by Marcos. There is a Philippine law recognizing the plight of human rights victims of Marcos," Reyes said.
“Duterte and the Supreme Court cannot say that history has yet to judge Marcos. A judgement had already been made 30 years ago, when the people rose up to topple the dictatorship,” he added.
Reyes said that the LNMB burial was a moral and historical issue seeks to erase the crimes of the former president and make the way for the return of the Marcoses to Malacanang.
Bayan slams Duterte: He is aiding in the rehabilitation of the Marcoses Reviewed by Newsinfo Learn on November 13, 2016 Rating: