Duterte: We were losing about P7 billion a year under the Aquino Term in PCSO
During the speech of President Rodrigo Duterte at Camp Tecson in San Miguel, Bulacan on Friday, October 14, he revealed that during the administration of former President Benigno Aquino III, the government was allegedly losing over P7 billion a year in the Philippines Charity Sweepstakes (PCSO).
Photo credits: Reuters
“As a matter of fact, itong Philippine Charity Sweepstakes, binaboy ‘yan ng mga sindikato pati ‘yung mga, ‘yung mga gangster dito na big time sa Pilipinas,” he said.
“So we were losing about 20 million a day,” he added.
Duterte also said that officials who previously ran the PCSO were also linked to the illegal number racket.
“Yung lotto, sinakyan nila ng jueteng, pero sila rin ang humawak and they were granted that right by previous government. We were losing billions of pesos a year in taxes,” he said.
During the term of Aquino, Margarita Juico was the former chairperson of PCSO and was replaced by Erineo “Ayong” Maliksi in 2015.
Duterte: We were losing about P7 billion a year under the Aquino Term in PCSO Reviewed by Newsinfo Learn on October 16, 2016 Rating: